Recipe of the Month
Quick pears with chocolate sauce
This is a yummy pudding and a quick one to make. Adults can add a splash of Disarrono as well if you want to jazz it up a bit. Either way it will impress your family and your guests.
- 2 x 410g cans pear halves in syrup
- 100g chocolate, chopped into small chunks
- 8 scoops vanilla ice cream
- 2 tbsp chopped hazelnuts
- Drain the pears over a small pan and divide between 4 dessert glasses or bowls
- Boil the syrup on a high heat until reduced and thick
- Take off the heat and stir in the chocolate until melted
- Add 2 scoops of ice cream onto each portion of pears and pour on the hot chocolate sauce
- Top with the chopped nuts.