Recipe of the Month
Moroccan Carrot Salad with Spicy Lemon Dressing
Serves 4. Preparation 20 mins.
- 17g harissa paste
- 46g fresh lemon juice
- 35ml extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt & freshly ground pepper
- 365g carrots, julienned on a mandoline or coarsely shredded in a food processor
- 45g raisins
- large handful flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 100g feta, crumbled
- In a bowl, whisk the harissa with the lemon juice. Gradually whisk in the olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the carrots, raisins, parsley and feta to the dressing and toss well. Serve lightly chilled or at room temperature.
- N.B. The carrot salad can be made without the feta and parsley and refrigerated for up to 6 hours; add the feta and parsley just before serving. The lemon dressing can be refrigerated overnight.
- N.B.B. This was an American recipe, so weights may be a little out!