Recipe of the Month
Dracula’s blood punch
Preparation time - 10 mins. Cooking time - 5 mins. Serves 12.
A great one for Halloween!
- 2L cherry juice
- Splash of vodka (adults only)
- Peel from 3 oranges
- 1 thumb-sized red chilli, pierced a few times but left whole
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 10 cloves
- 6 slices ginger
- Dracula’s fangs sweets to serve (optional)
- 1. Tip the cherry juice, orange peel, chilli, cinnamon sticks, cloves and ginger into a large saucepan. Simmer for 5 mins, then turn off the heat. Leave to cool, then chill for at least 4 hrs, or up to 2 days – the longer you leave it the more intense the flavours. If serving to young children, take the chilli out after a few hours.
- 2. When you’re ready to serve, pour the juice into a jug. Serve in glass bottles or glasses and pop a straw in each. Dangle a fangs sweet from each glass.